Online marketing has become a popular way for businesses to elevate their website traffic and increase sales. Another common practice is using marketing keywords to grow one’s online presence.
Knowing what customers want increases your chances of finding the right audience. Keyword research is also crucial in successfully targeting people already interested in your products and services.
So how can keywords shape your business strategy and drive your search engine rankings? Keep reading to learn about the importance of marketing keywords and where to find the right search engine optimization specialist in Minnesota.
Marketing keywords are terms or phrases your customers use when searching for a service, place, or industry. Understanding what your target audience wants or needs from your business can determine and shape the keywords you use.
Creating content that addresses your customers’ needs, questions, and problems can put your business at the top of search engine results pages.
What most business owners don’t realize is that the type of marketing keyword you use will affect your search engine results. There are five types of keyword matches:
- Broad match – Allows you to reach the widest audience possible and gives you a large volume of traffic to your business’ website. This also means having visitors not related to the product or services offered.
- Modified broad match – Allows more control than broad match while achieving high-volume traffic. Modified broad match keywords are characterized by the use of special characters such as “+” or “.”
- Phrase match – A happy medium between an exact match and a broad match. They’re more focused than broad match keywords but aren’t as specific as exact match keywords. This means that there’s bigger flexibility with your website’s visitors.
- Exact match – Based on search queries and terms, but might bring lower-volume traffic because they aren’t as broad. If your main goal is to increase traffic volume to your website, exact-match keywords may not be what you want to go with.
- Negative match – These keywords allow you to exclude your ads from showing up in some niches of your market.
To rank a website higher on search engine result lists, you need to understand how search engines operate. Most search engines, like Google, do a broad match to keyword(s) for every query. They also consider different metrics and factors to determine the relevancy of your website for that query. This means your keyword(s) would have to include synonyms and variations to mimic the way we naturally speak.
When researching what marketing keywords you should use, consider keyword difficulty. This refers to how easy it is to rank in Google’s organic search results for a specific query. Several factors influence keyword difficulty; however, it’s more trustworthy than paying attention to cost per click. This is because the cost per click changes every minute and depends on business hours.
Sievers Creative is a marketing and advertising team ready to help you with all your business needs. Our hands-on service helps expand your business, boost sales, increase website traffic, and improve your search performance.
Click here to set up a free consultation.