If you think today’s social media savvy users spend most of their time scrolling through their newsfeed, think again.
According to a report published by Business Insider Intelligence, there are actually more monthly active users on Messenger, Viber, WhatsApp, and WeChat combined than there are on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. This suggests that more people are checking their messaging apps instead of their social media accounts.
Take Facebook Messenger, the largest mobile messaging app, for example. It has over 1.3 billion active users monthly, offering marketers a massive business opportunity that they can leverage for free. What’s more, with the introduction of chatbots, brands now enjoy the power to engage with Messenger users automatically.
Generate Up To 80x Better Engagement
Centering your strategy on Facebook Messenger makes sense as it also generates the most robust engagement rate for any marketing channel.
With email marketing, for example, you know you’re doing okay if you can get an open rate of 5-10%. On social media, aggressive spam filters have caused organic post reach to typically fall between 0 and 1%.
Meanwhile, Facebook Messenger boasts open rates of 70-80%, and this is just within the first hour.
The marketing opportunity offered by Facebook Messenger and its chatbot-friendly interface is massive. Yet, only 1% of businesses are able to automatically engage with their patrons via messaging. How, then, do you make mobile messaging work for your brand?
Leverage Facebook Messenger
Here are several techniques and features on Facebook Messenger that you can use to gain more leads:
– Include a Facebook Messenger “opt-in” button on all the contact forms on your website to get more Messenger subscribers. To do this, simply copy and paste the plug-in code into your website forms.
– Install Facebook Chat on your website to significantly expand your Messenger contact list. This offers more benefits compared to website live chat widgets as it allows you to reconnect with your visitors, especially if they did not initiate the chat.
Send to Messenger
– This new ad format lets you win in more ways than one. It allows users to engage with your brand and opt-in for messaging as you get to store their contact information.
– Attach auto-responders to some (or all!) of your Facebook posts so if anyone drops a comment, you can easily respond through Messenger.
– “Sponsored Message” ads let you send promotional content to your existing contacts on Messenger. These ads do not show up on news feeds. Instead, they show up in Messenger chat conversations, as if a friend sent the message. It works similarly to a sponsored push notification.
Leverage messaging apps to drive quality leads to your brand’s Facebook account with help from Sievers Creative.
Our specialists in social media management in Minnesota and Wisconsin stay on top of the latest social media features and algorithm rollouts. We go beyond simply updating your profile information. We make sure to maximize any new features and make them work for your brand. We publish relevant, interesting pieces of content that spark engagement across your social media channels.
Let us help you step up your brand’s social media game. Call us at (651) 300-4932 or fill out our form today.